What are the Chicago Bears getting in cornerback Tim Jennings? We've got the insider's perspective…
Bowman Leads the Way in '09 PBP
The NFL instituted a performance-based pay program as a part of the 2002 extension of the collective bargaining agreement, with a portion of league revenues set aside as supplementary compensation for players whose salaries didn't reflect playing time. Bears cornerback Zack Bowman is a prime example, as the second-year pro earned a base salary of $310,000 in 2009. A fifth-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft out of Nebraska, Bowman unseated veteran Nathan Vasher at the right corner position and was on the field for 64.1 percent of Chicago's snaps on the season. Because Bowman got much more playing time than your run-of-the-mill second-year fifth rounder, he was entitled to extra performance-based pay in the amount...
147 Fans online
- Jay Cutler - consistency vs streaky & staying within the
- So when do you think the Bears should hand Tucker pink slip?
- Preseason Game 4 Discussion Thread - Bears @ Browns - 7 CT FOX
- David Fales to play entire game against Browns
- And then there were 2.....