While the Chicago Bears still have some work to do at the skill positions, Earl Bennett looks to be…
What We Learned: Rams vs. Bears
1. Cutler was reigned in as if he were another Grossman or Orton When Jay Cutler racked up 131 yards passing in the first quarter against the Rams, highlighted by Devin Hester's 43-yard bomb and Earl Bennett's 71-yard catch-and-run, it was safe to assume the strong-armed signal caller was on his way to a big day. But that didn't happen, as Cutler was neutered after the Bears got off to a 10-0 lead and only registered 12 yards through the air the rest of the way. When asked at the podium why his offense took its collective foot off the accelerator, choosing to run the ball 24 times with Matt Forte and 11 more with Kahlil Bell, Cutler said there was no reason to take any chances since the coaching staff believed St. Louis was incapable of driving the length of the field to score. So there you go, Bears fans, two first-round picks and a $30 million extension later, the Chicago brain trust has essentially turned Cutler into another Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton – "Just don't screw it up...
139 Fans online
- Preseason Game 3 Discussion Thread - Bears @ Seahawks - 9 PM CT
- Jay Cutler - consistency vs streaky & staying within the
- OFFICIAL PREDICTION THREAD ! ! !
- So when do you think the Bears should hand Tucker pink slip?