The Chicago Bears played better along the offensive line than most people expected in Week 1, but…
Sunday School: What We Learned
1. Forte is everything Benson wasn't in a running back Matt Forte was nothing short of sensational in his professional debut on Sunday Night Football, running wild for 123 yards on 23 carries. The second-round draft pick from Tulane took the air out of brand new Lucas Oil Stadium with a 50-yard touchdown scamper in the first quarter, and he moved the chains repeatedly by banging inside the tackles and also turning the corner. He even caught three passes out of the backfield, did his part in pass protection, cooked a delicious gumbo for the pre-game meal, answered phones during a United Way pledge drive between series, and rescued a Persian out of an oak tree on his way back to the team hotel. Forte proved right away that he's capable of handling the load and being in there on every down, while Cedric Benson couldn't avoid the injury bug and had no business taking part in passing situations. QB Kyle OrtonAndy Lyons/Getty Images 2. Orton...
145 Fans online
- Jay Cutler - consistency vs streaky & staying within the
- So when do you think the Bears should hand Tucker pink slip?
- Preseason Game 4 Discussion Thread - Bears @ Browns - 7 CT FOX
- David Fales to play entire game against Browns
- And then there were 2.....