The Chicago Bears played better along the offensive line than most people expected in Week 1, but…
Sunday School: What We Learned
1. Forte is everything Benson wasn't in a running back Matt Forte was nothing short of sensational in his professional debut on Sunday Night Football, running wild for 123 yards on 23 carries. The second-round draft pick from Tulane took the air out of brand new Lucas Oil Stadium with a 50-yard touchdown scamper in the first quarter, and he moved the chains repeatedly by banging inside the tackles and also turning the corner. He even caught three passes out of the backfield, did his part in pass protection, cooked a delicious gumbo for the pre-game meal, answered phones during a United Way pledge drive between series, and rescued a Persian out of an oak tree on his way back to the team hotel. Forte proved right away that he's capable of handling the load and being in there on every down, while Cedric Benson couldn't avoid the injury bug and had no business taking part in passing situations. QB Kyle OrtonAndy Lyons/Getty Images 2. Orton...
163 Fans online
- Bears attempt to trade for safety or returner before final cut
- Preseason Game 4 Discussion Thread - Bears @ Browns - 7 CT FOX
- Official 53 Man Roster.
- Marquess Wilson: IR with designation to return
- NFL changes penalty for domestic violence