Through the first two preseason games, Bears WR Alshon Jeffery looks like anything but a rookie. If…
Jeffery's injury comes at perfect time
In the fourth quarter of Sunday's contest against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Chicago Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery caught a slant pattern for a 10-yard touchdown that put his team up 20-3. It was his second touchdown of the season, yet the excitement was dulled when he immediately went to the locker room with what was later announced as a hand injury. It has since been reported that Jeffery has a fracture in his hand. It won't require surgery but he's expected to miss four to six weeks. Jeffery is currently second on the team in catches (14), targets (23), receiving yards (184) and first down receptions (10). "It's tough," said coach Lovie Smith. "But you know, we know we're going to get him back. Injuries are part of it. He'll be back before long." Jeffery's presence on the field will be missed, as the rookie was developing at a rapid...
139 Fans online
- Jay Cutler - consistency vs streaky & staying within the
- So when do you think the Bears should hand Tucker pink slip?
- Preseason Game 4 Discussion Thread - Bears @ Browns - 7 CT FOX
- David Fales to play entire game against Browns
- And then there were 2.....